COVID-19 Information for Members
The safety and well-being of our members is important to us. These are stressful times and we want to be sure that you have the support you need to stay healthy.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms (listed below) or think that you have been exposed to COVID-19, please take the following steps:
STEP ONE: If you are experiencing any of the emergency warning signs, call 911.
Emergency Warning Signs
- Trouble Breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in your chest
- New Confusion
- Trouble staying alert or awake
- Bluish lips or face
STEP TWO: Stay Home.
STEP THREE: Isolate within your household to the greatest extent possible.
STEP FOUR: Contact your doctor.
We know you may have other questions and we can help. Please contact your Care Manager or our Triage Line at 866.255.7969.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms.
Beware of COVID-19 Test Kit Scam & Request for Personal Information
The U.S. government is warning people to beware of being offered fake COVID-19 test kits. See information about COVID-19 scams from the US Department of Health & Human Services here.
People are reporting being targeted with phone calls, social media messages, and door-to-door visits, and have been asked for personal information in exchange for a fake COVID-19 test kit. The fake COVID-19 test kits may be harmful to users, and the personal information collected by the criminals may be used for identity theft or to fraudulently bill health care programs.
- Be suspicious of any unexpected calls, emails, messages, or visitors offering COVID-19 tests or supplies. You should talk to your doctor or other healthcare provider if you feel you need a COVID-19 test.
- Never share login information such as passwords.
- Never share your social security number (SSN). Monroe Plan will never ask you for this information.
- If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Monroe Plan and you feel uncomfortable, we recommend that you ask for the caller’s name and department and call us back at the number below. Once you call back, you can ask for the representative by name, and we can connect you to that person directly.
Health Home Care Management Agency: 1.866.255.7969